It’s easy to protect the planet! These tips help save limited resources such as water and energy. So get green and give the tips a try. Make sure to ask your parents before trying any of these tips!
- Choose locally grown food. Transporting food long distances wastes fuel and creates extra CO2.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Send an e-card instead of a paper card.
- Say "No bag, thank you." Whether you're buying toys, snacks, or clothes, tell the checkout person you don't need a bag. By carrying your own reusable fabric bag, you'll help reduce the estimated 100 million plastic bags that each year clog sewers, entangle birds, and get swallowed by whales, sea turtles, and other wildlife.
- Scrape leftovers off the dishes instead of rinsing them. (Wash the dishes soon after.)
- Take short showers instead of baths. Aim for five minutes—but still get clean!